According to the Public relations of the 40th TISFF, 58 short films admitted to the international cinema competition section of the 40th Tehran International Short Film Festival.
These films are selected among 7216 works from 131 countries.
The titles are as follows:
- “The Taste of the Sea” directed by Xuezhou Miao from China.
- “A Bright Sunny Day” directed by Yupeng He from United States.
- “Amam” directed by Jesús Cisneros Gurumeta from Spain.
- “Angry Fish” directed by Kostas Chaliasas from Greece.
- “Ant” directed by Kaj Driessen from Netherlands.
- “Aunque es de noche” directed by Guillermo García López from France.
- “Baby” directed by Cristina Sánchez from Colombia.
- “DUPLICATE” directed by Adrien Lhommedieu from France.
- “Echo” directed by Charly Delporte from France.
- “Everybody Leaves in the End” directed by Simon Schneckenburger from Germany.
- “FÁR” directed by Gunnur Martinsdóttir Schlüter from Iceland.
- “FASE 6” directed by DOMENICO ZAZZARA, MATTEO MARIOTTI from Italy.
- “Forsaken” directed by Aziz Shennawy from Tunisia.
- “MÅNGATA” directed by Maja Costa from Germany.
- “Mia” directed by David González Rudiez from SPAIN.
- “Nice to See Your Face” directed by Sun NAMKOONG from South Korea.
- “On Purpose” directed by Adas Burkšaitis from Lithuania.
- “Please Hold the Line” directed by Tan Ce Ding from Malaysia.
- “Please Make It Work” directed by Daniel Soares from Portugal.
- “Quandary” directed by Ebubekir Sefa Akbulut from Turkey.
- “Simo” directed by Aziz Zoromba from Canada.
- “The House We Had” directed by Andrey Krechetov from Russian Federation.
- “The list” directed by Fernanda Fraga from Mexico.
- “The Pyramids” directed by María José Pedernera from Argentina.
- “The Silent ones” directed by Basile Vuillemin from France.
- “THE WATCHERS” directed by Sandro Souladze from Georgia.
- “There are no ghosts” directed by Nacho Solana from SPAIN.
- “Tilipirche” directed by Francesco Piras from Italy.
- “ONCE WAR IS OVER” directed by Simone Massi from Italy.
- “A Poem About Our Homelands” directed by Egor Kharlamov from Russian Federation.
- “Black Eyed Dog” directed by Alessandro Cino Zolfanelli from Italy.
- “Don Javier” directed by Alejandro Llamas Aguerrebere from MEXICO.
- “From Our Side” directed by Simone Massi from Italy.
- “In Side” directed by Anita Kwiatkowska-Naqvi, Piotr Matysiak from Poland.
- “Line 23” directed by Concha Alonso Valdivieso from SPAIN.
- “MARONII” directed by llonneau Dimitri, Guitet Maxime, Plata Lucas, Nguyen Ngoc Mai, Matuszczak Guilian, Argentieri Flore and Courtel Hugo from France.
- “Moonwalking” directed by CHAN Ka Lam, HUNG Kwan Yiu, TSANG Hing Chor from Hong Kong.( Experimental Animation)
- “SHYNE” directed by Fiona Bulet, Auriane Diaz, Ananda Gay-Laignel, Véronique Marazzi and Clara Pecoraro from France.
- “Suruaika” directed by Vlad Ilicevici, Radu C Pop from Romania.
- “Suzie in the Garden” directed by Lucie Sunková from Czech Republic.
- “The Bridge” directed by Izumi Yoshida from Poland.
- “Antarctica” directed by Jivko Konstantinov from Bulgaria.
- “Disposable World” directed by Ömer Sami Ciminli from Turkey.
- “GULAB GUL” directed by Semih Sağman from Afghanistan.
- “Hope” directed by Juhani Koivumäki from Finland.
- “Little Berlin” directed by Kate McMullen from France.
- “Postman” directed by Ibadylla Adzhibaev from Kyrgyzstan.
- “SECRETS OF BUKHARA” directed by Jivko Konstantinov from Uzbekistan.
- “Tie-Dye” directed by Tianyu Li from China.
- “Wedding Night” directed by Mevlüt Karabulut from Turkey.
- “Yesterday Today Tomorrow” directed by Orhan DEDE from Turkey.
- “NOW” directed by YE YUAN from China.
- “GODS-I Emotive” directed by Marco King from South Africa.
- “Results May Vary” directed by Tiffany Jiang from United States.
- “Silent chirping of invisible digits” directed by Vera Sebert from AUSTRIA.
- “The Light Between” directed by Scott Anthony Lewis from Australia.
- “The Stream XII-II” directed by Hiroya Sakurai from Japan.In addition, 5 short fiction films and a short
documentary from IRAN in the international cinema competition are as follows:
- “Alpha” directed by Masoud Mohammadi Takami and Mahyar Seifouri. (Fiction)
- “Thermostat” directed by Rouzbeh Akhavan. (Fiction)
- “Qutar” directed by Ali Alizadeh. (Fiction)
- “It all depends on Mr. k” directed by Hassan Hekmatravesh. (Fiction)
- “UFO” directed by Seyed Hamid Hosseini and Seyed Mehdi Hosseini. (Fiction)
- “Wind’s heritage” directed by Nasim Soheili.
Mohammad Hossein Tamjidi, Nima Abbaspour, Ata Mojabi, Mehdi Fard Qadri, Yousef Kargar, Ahmad Ali Sajjadi Sadr and Mohammad Rahmati selected the works as members of jury.Presided by Mehdi Azarpandar, the 40th Tehran International Short Film Festival (TISFF) will be held from October 19-24, 2023 in Tehran, Iran.